Monday, August 4, 2014

Adventures in Decorating - week 7

Nothing went on during the week in the decorating department. Jim was gone camping, and it felt good to take a bit of a break. This past weekend Jim took the rail down. I've wanted this down for a long time!





I'm surprised how open the living room feels now! With the rail down, Jim is ready to paint!

Oh, and speaking of paint: My family thinks that I'm so crazy for find this interesting...



Can you see that the post has two colors of paint added to it? A darker one on the bottom called "Thatched Roof" and a lighter one on the top called "Antique Lace"? The "Antique Lace" is very hard to see on the wall because it's so close to the current wall color. Notice the hall wall that's about 4 feet back from the post... what color does that swatch of paint look like? If you said the darker "Thatched Roof," you would be wrong. The color on the hall wall is the lighter "Antique Lace"! The "Thatched Roof" color in the hall is way too dark. So our walls will be two colors of Beige.

That's all for now! I'll post pics when the walls are painted :oD

1 comment:

  1. hahaha Interesting. I can't wait to see it all painted. The angle that you took these pictures from is one that I had not seen before.

    ReplyDelete