Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Progressive Dinner

One of the neighbors down the street thought it would be fun to do a progressive dinner for New Year's Eve. This was a completely last minute thing. I was amazed that we were able to get a party of 10 people together.

We have 5 couples and 4 houses... Here's the schedule:

9:30-10:15 - our house for horderves and wine
10:15-11:00 - house #2 Mexican and margaritas
11:00-11:45 - house #3 for kabobs and punch
11:45-12:30 - house #4 s'mores and champagne

I stopped at Total Wine and got a couple bottles of Pinot. I'm also having: shrimp cocktail, ham/cream cheese roll-ups, crackers w/artichoke dip, and fresh veggies.

My decorating was very minimal. I embellished a $0.99 banner from the party store with a hanging star garland, made a 2014 banner, and got a few balloons which I attached to my Christmas arrangement.



Here's my table. I tried really had to make a pretty table. If our bunco parties are any indication, our neighborhood is full of professional hostesses, haha! If the veggie tray looks a little out of balance, it's because Cheryl got hungry:





Happy 2014 Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I think your table looks very elegant even though Cheryl got hungry. LOL

    ReplyDelete