Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's day to all moms! Being a mom is not an easy job... Raising kids and working full-time is tough! I'm so thankful for Jim. The kids wouldn't be such the wonderful people they are without him. I'm at a bittersweet time of life. The kids are growing up... they have grown up... and they are at the point where they need to make decisions for their own life. Let's hope and pray that we have given them the good sense and strength of character to succeed in their own way.

I have a couple mother's days cards that I want to share. This first card is for my SIL. She's the great mom to FOUR of our nieces and nephews!

The buttons on this card are cut from paper! I got these buttons from my scrappy friend Beth. I really love how they look like buttons, but the card is less bulky (makes putting it into the envelope easier). I really need one of those button dies! It would be great to make my own buttons!

This card is for my mom. She's a GREAT mom and a WONDERFUL grandma to all the kids! I was going for a clean classy look. I used an unusual color combination for me... I tend to lean towards the pinks, blues, and greens. I like the way this one came out too.

I also whipped up a couple of gift card holders. My aunt Mary came down for Mother's Day. It was great seeing her, Uncle and Scott. Aunt Mary was my favorite Aunt when I was growing up!

Here are my two wonderful kids! They got up early Sunday morning, went to the market, and made some very very yummy peanut butter fudge.

We took the fudge to my mom and dad's house... everyone there thought the fudge was very yummy too! This is all that is left.

Here is the recipe... Cheryl found it on FoodTV. Recipe is by Jim's Foodie hero... Alton Brown.

Again, Happy Mother's Day to all!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all of your creations!!! The fudge looks yummy! Happy Mother's Day to you too! I hope you had wonderful time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joni I LOVE the cards! So HAPPY you enjoyed the buttons.. I LOVE that die.. so FUN!! and did the kids need my address for that fudge.. UM YUM!! :) Sounds GREAT.. I will have to print off the recipe!!
    Hope your day was GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete