Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

I'm doing these posts one at a time so not to overwhelm you all with TONS of photos. BUT, along with Thanksgiving... November 25, was also my birthday! I just LOVE this frame the kids made for me! It's going on the wall in the dining room!

We celebrated on Sunday after Thanksgiving at my mom and dad's house. My mom planned a sushi lunch (my favorite), with macaroni salad (another favorite), and ham/cauliflower chowder (yet another one of my favorites)!!! Mom treats me so WELL... every birthday for 51 years! LOVE YOU, MOM!

Sunday was also, "learn to drive a stick shift day"! Papa took Cheryl and Chris out in the truck. This was actually Cheryl's second time out with Papa. She said that she did pretty well... she only stalled four times! There she goes...

Chris lost count of how many times he stalled, but he's sure it was more than four (actually a LOT more than four). Papa said that Chris needs a lot more practice, hehehe... You know who we are calling for that, Papa!

It has been a busy weekend with Thanksgiving, my birthday, the Turkey Trot Race, and I have some craft shares... stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Your mom sounds so nice! The picture frame turned out WONDERFUL!!! Love the photes that you used on it too. Thanks for sharing your photos. I am looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joni it sounds like you had a WONDERFUL birthday!!! Dont ya just LOVE MOMS! :)
    OH my reading about the driving of a stick shift.. brought me right back to my stick shift days and am so HAPPY not to have them anymore! LOL!! GOOD LUCK to the kiddos.. and Papa too! LOL!! ;)
    Have a GREAT day Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky girl!! What a great birthday you had!! A very happy belated birthday!!! I just wanted to let you know that it was my turn to lift a LO from Scrapbook Daisies gallery. ;) I chose one of yours!!! :D You will have to go check it out in the challenge forums!! :D Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete