Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer's Here!

Yahoo! Chris is finally out of school, so SUMMER has officially started at our house! Chris starts summer school on Tuesday. He's taking an ROP Computer Graphics class. FUN stuff for summer! Cheryl is almost done with first summer session at college. She's taking Speech and Psycology. Second summer session she's taking Chemistry. She has no break between first and second sessions.

Not too much changes... the kids are still in school and Jim and I are still working, but summer makes me feel SO HAPPY!

SUMMER's FINALLY HERE!!!

We have some summer guests at our house. I woke up to some terrible screeching in the yard. I thought crows had a terrible singing voice, but this was ten times worse than the sound of crows. I went out back to see what was causing all the racket, and look what I found purched in our next door neighbor's apple tree. If you can't see them, click on the photo to enlarge it. PARROTS?!!! Four green parrots were sitting in the apple tree chomping on apples! What is a flock of parrots doing in Southern California! They were very cool! I even forgive them for waking me up! lol!

3 comments:

  1. Woah!! Parrots outside!!! My DH used to see lots of parrots in the San Fernando Valley when we were in college. Story was when Busch Gardens in Van Nuys closed, they just let all their birds free. There was a big flock of parrots flying wild for a long time after that. Maybe they are offspring??

    Happy Summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh.. How COOL is that.. Ok maybe not for waking you! But what a GREAT photo Joni! Have they been back again??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Beth! HOW COOL!!! I had to enlarge the photo to see them. hahaha

    ReplyDelete