Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome 2010!

Welcome to January 1, 2010! My friend, Mary, asked me what we usually eat for New Year. My mom really out does herself! She dances until after midnight on New Years Eve, stays to help clean up after the dance, then she gets up early to cook all this GREAT food! Here's a sampling:

Sushi... all homemade of course!

Nishime... It's a Japanese stew. Very SPECIAL and very YUMMY!!!

Namasu... I guess you could call this a salad. It's one of my favorites!

Add TWO types of chicken, baked salmon, macaroni salad, clam chowder, and an assortment of fresh fruit and vegetables; and there you have our New Year's Day dinner. Whew! Were we stuffed!!!

Now to work off all that GREAT food! Here's Grandma and Papa competing in Dance-Dance-Revolution...

... And here is the family Rock Band! My SIL is on the drums, Cheryl is on base...

Hana is playing guitar, and Chris has the microphone... singing!

Oh yeah! Don't forget Jacob on the DS... lol!




Happy New Year! It's time for new goals... I'll share our goals with you all tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That looks like quite the feast. YUM!!! She does out-do herself, for sure! And I loooove playing Dance Dance Revolution, it's such a fun game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the food looks YUMMY!!! Your mom's sushi looks perfect! Your mom must have a ton of energy! Thanks for sharing the pictures with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWY! That is some FEAST!!!! Looks like a FUN day was had by all!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun, fun!! and omg at the food!! lucky, i'm not in cali anymore...i would have totally been there with my little sushi eating girl!! all of it looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete