Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekly Sports Report

We had a great sports week this week. We'll start with Cheryl... Cheryl had an amazing shot on goal playing with Bob Tuesday night. The keeper just managed to do a jumping dive and tip the ball over the top of the goal. Bob tied 2-2.

Cheryl did score with her AYSO team this weekend... She shot at least 30 yards out, curving the ball in with the outside of her foot (she just learned how to do that last Friday). It was an amazing goal! She also assisted another one of the goals. Her team won 3-1!

Chris had his last track meet of the season and matched his PR from last week... finishing the mile in 5:12. The coach was so pleased that he let Chris skip the 2-mile. Since I didn't get out of work in time to see the one mile, I didn't get to see Chris run at all.

Chris was amazing in his game on Saturday! He played all game running up and down the midfield. His team won 1-0. His team also had a game on Sunday (the won 2-0) but Chris didn't play because...

We ran a half-marathon!
The photos Cheryl took were pretty bad. I should have had her use the soccer camera.

Anyway, Chris and I started together. We both texted our mileage to Cheryl. Cheryl said that by the time I reached mile 7, Chris was already 2 miles ahead of me. Chris finished with a new PR (personal record) of 1 hour 33 minutes! HE CAME IN 4TH PLACE in his age group!!! The three boys that came in before him were all older than he was. If he came in 2 minutes faster, he would have come home with a trophy! He was so excited with is time! He came in 94th overall!... and was the first 16yr and younger runner to cross the finish line!

My goal was to finish in under 2 hours... I finished in 2 hours 14 seconds (sigh) oh well... I came in 53rd in my age group.

A guy tripped me up at the mile 6 water station. He was in line for water... I was running past the water line and he stepped out of line in front of me. I ended up tripping over his feet... I reached up and grabbed onto him. I'm sure glad his shorts were tied on tight, lol! I was stumbling for a good 5 seconds (I had so much momentum going). I'm also glad I didn't hit the ground, because that would have been the end of my race. I came in 1192 overall.

Chris is super excited about half-marathons again... this happened after the last half-marathon again too. He wants to run another one. We are considering... ARE YOU LISTENING BETH?... Rock and Roll Seattle!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the half marathon Joni!!! Too bad you did rip the shorts off the guy who tripped you, would have served him right, LOL!! And congrats to Chris, what an amazing time!! And sounds like you had a great soccer weekend, too. Yeah!!

    I was considering the Seattle marathon, too. We just couldn't swing it this year with work and money. That would be FUN, though!!! Congrats again on the finish, Joni. And a great time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH JONI and CHRIS!! and CHERYL TOO!!! What a GREAT week!!!

    COME TO SEATTLE!! (that gets my vote.. we are walking that one.. leave the running to you speedy folks! LOL!!) Oh how FUN!! let me know if it happens!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete