Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Baking

We started with Chocolate Dipped Pretzels for the neighborhood cookie exchange. We got a big tub of pretzels and a huge bag of chocolate chips from Costco. I melted the chocolate chips with a little Crisco. Then the kids dipped the pretzels, while I followed after them with a bottle of candy sprinkles. We finished 72 pretzels in under 10 minutes. They were a hit at the cookie exchange!

Now on to some serious baking... These nondescript looking loaves have been the hit of the season... Pumpkin Cranberry Bread! It's made with Amish Friendship Bread starter. I already made some for the people at work and as a result have passed out many many bags of starter, along with this recipe. Yesterday, I made a bunch of loaves up for the neighbors.


Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
makes 2 loaves

1 C Amish Friendship Bread starter
3 eggs
½ C oil
½ C pumpkin puree
½ C milk
1 C sugar
2 Tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
½ tsp. vanilla
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 C flour
1 box instant vanilla pudding
1 C cranberries, coarsely chopped
1 C walnuts, chopped
Grease pans. (Can be made into loaves of muffins) Preheat oven to 325F. Add the ingredients to the starter in order. Pour into pans and bake, about one hour for loaves or 40 minutes for muffins.

4 comments:

  1. That all looks YUMMY!!! I though you used pretzel rods, but I think these are so much better! I bet the bread is good too. Anything I've made with that Amish Friendship starter has been good so I can see why that are a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joni, those pretzels look fantastic!!!!! Yum!

    Sending you and your family peace and love (and good running weather) for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds great! those pretzels look good too!

    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY!! I love pretzels in Choc. and that bread sounds DELICIOUS! gonna print the recipe out!!!

    I hope you and your family have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS Joni!!!

    ReplyDelete