Friday, November 21, 2008

Surf City here we come!

I forgot to mention that Chris and I are signed up for the Huntington Beach Half-Marathon. I went on a 13 mile run today just to see if I could still do it. I did... in 2hrs 6min... that's my fastest time yet!

I did have a lot of stress to work off. I got my lay-off notice yesterday. Not just me, but all the engineering contractors were laid-off. We have 4 more weeks of work, and that will be it. Mike is 7 months away from retirement, so he's not too worried. Sandy told me that it's hard to find a job this time of year... he should know, he's been contracting for over 30 years. So, I will be out hunting for a new job after New Years.

3 comments:

  1. First of all, SO excited about the half marathon!! I can't wait to kick this sinus infection so I can start training. I'm itching to go for a run!!

    And second, SO sorry about your layoff notice! That really bites. Hopefully you can enjoy the holidays with your family, sounds like you have a plan to start job hunting the first of the year. Big hugs to you Joni!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the layoff. :( Hopefully the new year will bring good news to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that stinks joni! prayers and positive thoughts your way.

    good luck with the marathon!

    ReplyDelete