Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Book Reviews

I've really got the reading bug! I have lots and lots of books checked out from the library. I hope I can finish them all before they're due. Here is a new series called Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare that Chris and I started reading. Chris said it reminded him of Harry Potter, and he finished both these books (close to 1000 pages) in 5 days. It is definitely for an older group than Harry Potter, and I don't see much resemblence to the Harry Potter series (except that kids are the heros of the book, as they are in most kids books). There are demons, vampires, werewolves, and shadow hunters... great for the lovers of the fantasy genre.



More books that I have finished in the last couple months...

Kids books:


Oy, Joy by Lucy Frank

The Game by Diana Wynne Jones

The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer

Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale

Peeps by Scott Westerfeld

By These Ten Bones by Clare B. Dunkle

Dragonhaven by Robin McKinley

The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan



Teen books:
These are still kids books, but may not be appropriate for young kids.


The Unlikely Romance of Kate Bjorkman by Louise Plummer

Marked by PC Cast

Betrayed by PC Cast



...And continuing with my vampire romance obession...


Crimson City by Liz Maverick

Vamps and the City by Kerrelyn Sparks

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole

Dark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley Cole

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Joni! You have been busy reading! I love to read too, but haven't been able to lately. I just pass out when my head hits the pillow. Would love to check out the vampire books though. They look very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joni! You are reading up a storm! I just got into the Twlight series and absolutely LOVE it. I'll definitely have to check out some of those other vampire books!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the vampires book need to write these down thank joni i too love to read

    ReplyDelete